I was so glad my expired film pack turned out ok. In fact, I was so delighted I decided to attempt a Polaroid lift. Lift is a method where a hot water is used to remove the paper backing from the exposed and developed Polaroid. The process takes some time but with some help by rolling each corner of the image with your fingers it helps.
The lift method works with Polaroid and Fujifilm peel apart such as FP100C.
* It’s important to be careful not to damage the image with your fingernails.
While waiting for the picture film to remove. Prepare some paper. I used watercolor paper.
- Coat the watercolor paper with some Art Potch.
- Wait until it dries and then take the picture which is removed from the Polaroid backing paper and place it on the watercolor paper.
- Gently roll the image out. It takes some time to get it right.
- Once you’re happy with the placement let the paper and image dry before coating again with the Art Potch.
Once the image is dry you can mount them in some picture. The Polaroid images stretch out a bit and warp too but that’s fun of it. Especially with expired Polaroid it’s so much fun.