Continuing on from previous posts on the mushroom Anthotype  – Mycotype, this post shows the final part before the resulting print. The negative is printed out from photoshop on my basic inkjet print then taped to the dried  prepared paper on the top side. Each negative depicts the mushroom used to create the emulsion soaked paper.I placed the negatives upside down so I can hinge the negative from the paper so that I can inspect the progress every couple of days.

I thought in would take 4-8 weeks to see any result however after a couple of days I’m starting to see a print. Read on below to see my progress every couple of days.

A long wait… Will keep you posted!

 

After 2 Days

[Update 4th Sept.] On Monday, 2nd September, 2019 I mounted both prints. So far I notice a change on the Larch Bolete print while not much or anything regarding the Parasol print. Monday hadtn’t really much sun. At least one print may exhibit a result…

Larch Bolete Athnotype after 2 days
Larch Bolete Athnotype after 2 days

After 6 Days

[Update: Sunday 8th, Sept.] Not much sun today so the Anthotypes/Mycotypes I expect are the same.   If I get a chance I’ll add the Ink cap prepare paper to the window with the two other Anthotypes/Mycotypes. So we went for visit to the Museum here in the city of Graz. There was an impressive display of real mushroom examples.

Mushroom display and identify
Mushroom display and identify
Mushroom display and identify
Mushroom display and identifyUpdate

The organisers of the event help to inform people about the difference forms of fungus.  They were very kind and knowledgeable in identifying our unknown mushroom photographs. The two ladies could figure out and name what we had found.  See below

Hohlfuß-Roehrling - SUILLUS CAVIPES
Hohlfuß-Roehrling – SUILLUS CAVIPES
Flaschenstäubling, Flaschenbovist - LYCOPERDON PERLATUM
Flaschenstäubling, Flaschenbovist – LYCOPERDON PERLATUM
ALBATRELLUS CONFLUENS
Semmelporling, Schofferl – ALBATRELLUS CONFLUENS

The last mushroom albatrellus confluens maybe suitable as an Anthtotype/Mycotype after drying and cooking it. I would need to do more research.

After 1 Week

[Update 9th Monday, Sept]  Finally stuck the Ink cap Anthotype/Mycotype to the window too. The progress of the Larch Bolete and Parasol prints are looking very positive (pun intended). The outline of the negative is very clear on both paper.

Anthotypes in the Windows
Anthotypes in the Windows

[Update 10th Sept.]

Parasol Anthotype print after 8 days exposure
Parasol Anthotype/Mycotype  print after 8 days exposure
Larch Bolete Anthotype print after 8 days exposure
Larch Bolete Anthotype/Mycotype print after 8 days exposure

 

Shaggy Ink Cap – Coprinus comatus

[Update 7th Sept.] Today I found a shaggy ink mushroom in the patch of grass where I was to park the car  and go off forging for fungi.  I picked the mature lawyer’s wig mushroom. The ends of the cap where already deteriorating into an expected black gulp.  I cut the head straight down with my knife and placed the two pieces in the back of the car for later use. On my return from searching for suitable edibles with my son, Jake. I prepared without a brush on some drawing paper probably about 250-300g an emulsion from the ink cap.

The emulsion spread had a slight  pink shade to it and then all turned pretty much after 2 hours to greyish black.  I’m curious if they paper will produce a print. We’ll have to wait.

Interesting fact this genius of mushrooms can actually remove heavy metal pollution for soil and restore its pH. Read about it – https://www.nybg.org/blogs/science-talk/2015/07/shaggy-ink-cap-a-mushroom-that-can-clean-up-a-mess/

# # #

September 4, 2019

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: